When starting your property search in Palm Coast, Florida first you will need to decide whether to purchase a Palm Coast home or Palm Coast Condo. There are many reasons to purchase a condo vs a home including maintenance, costs etc. Palm Coast and Flagler Beach offer many condominium communities from which to choose including the Intracoastal Condominium community of Canopy Walk or the Oceanfront community of Cinnamon Beach. Most important is to choose a Palm Coast Realtor who has the answers to important questions or knows how to get the answers about your Palm Coast Condo Purchase.
Things to consider when purchasing a Palm Coast Condo
1. Location and Lifestyle – A buyer search for a Palm Coast condominium can be narrowed by location and lifestyle. There are many condominium communities throughout the area. Some like South Beach and The Aliki in Flagler Beach offer a wonderful beach side location. Others such as Cinnamon Beach offer residents a gated, Oceanfront community in the Northern Peninsula of Palm Coast. There are also golf course condominiums such as Riverview Condos in Grand Haven. Another thing to know about Flagler County is the geography, Flagler County is surrounded by water to the East – The Atlantic Ocean and to the West – The Intracoastal Waterway. There are 2 main bridges separating the barrier island (Flagler Beach, Northern Peninsula, Beverly Beach) and Palm Coast. The many condo communities in Flagler County cater to many different lifestyles including: Golf, Nature, Waterfront and boating, fishing, tennis, family and community events. Communities such as Hammock Beach and Grand Haven offer a true member experience and opportunities to engage with fellow residents at member socials and functions. Members at The Club at Hammock Beach have many options to enjoy the community and lifestyle offered including: 9 hole putting course, 2 golf courses, tennis, restaurants and member only experiences. The Surf Club offers a nature lovers paradise including acres of reserve, water access, kayak storage and turtle hatching and whale watching.
2. Fees and Costs – As the saying goes you get what you pay for. Some of the Oceanfront communities in Hammock Dunes have the highest condo fees, but the views are truly breathtaking and the building amenities are out of this world. For instance the Cambria at Hammock Dunes offers: direct oceanfront living, grand secure lobby, theater room with suround sound, golf simulator, social room with catering kitchen, guest suites, fitness club and oceanfront pool and spa with outdoor kitchen and fireplace with cabana. Also, be sure to find out what utilities if any are paid for by association as part of the condo fees you pay.
3. Financial Health of Association – Palm Coast and Flagler County Florida Condominiums saw tremendous price run ups during the Real Estate boom and have also been of the areas hit hardest in the Real Estate crash. We are in a period of recovery and in many cases while there will be owners not paying their dues, consideration should also be given to how many recent sales have occurred and the future as well, feel free to check out my recent post on Flagler County Condo sales for the month of June. Condo documents such as financials, budget and rules and regulations should be asked for by your Palm Coast Realtor and provided as part of your due dilegence and recision period.
4. Pet Restrictions – For many of us our pet is part of our family and whether living in a Palm Coast Condominium full time or purchasing a condominium in Palm Coast to visit and vacation it is important to know pet restrictions. The last thing you would want to find out is you have the condo of your dreams but Fido can’t visit. Most condominium communities in Palm Coast have some restriction even for condo owners. Most restrictions pertain to size and amount of pets.
5. Rental Restrictions – this is very important. If you are going to rent your property out when you are not using it or if this is ever a possibility in the future it makes sense to know the rules regarding rental restrictions and the fees for doing so. For example Cinnamon Beach Condominiums allow short term rental and decent rental income which is great to offset some costs on your Palm Coast property; however if planning to live in your Palm Coast condominium full time perhaps you desire a private, country club atmosphere offered by Hammock Dunes Condominiums.
Contact The Orak Team
Please feel free to check out Palm Coast Interactive Condominium Map Page. If you own a Flagler County condominium in Palm Coast or Flagler Beach and are considering selling please contact The Orak Team for a fair and accurate assessment of your Palm Coast Condominium. For more information email us at : email@example.com or 800-931-2071